Thursday, June 24, 2010

I've Turned Orange!


The FIFA World Cup is upon us, and it is very evident here in The Netherlands. The Dutch team is orange, and there is no mistaking it. Our entire neighborhood is decorated with orange; orange flags, orange stuffed animals, orange horns..you get the idea. 

Orange streamers weave across the streets from one home to another. 
Even our grocery store has showcased all their orange vegetables, the bakery is selling their cakes iced in orange, snackfoods have been repackaged in orange and M&M's are available in a special Netherlands edition. It's incredible. It's everywhere.



So, what do you do when everyone and everything around you is colored orange? 

You join them!

We put on our orange shirts (that we still had from Koninginnedag) and cheer. It is hard not to get excited when you see everyone else so excited. It's infectious. I love it.



I hope that you, no matter what color you may be sporting, are enjoying the World Cup.


Cheers!
-Laura

2 comments:

Claudia Medeiros said...

I'm enjoying the Soccer Cup a lot !!! I am Brazilian but I remember when hubby and me lived in the Netherlands, there were people in orange everywhere during parties and festivals like the birthday of Queen on April... amazing times !

I must confess that during World Cup I always root for Brazil and Netherlands :)

Debbie said...

Our local university's color is orange. It is everywhere!